Hay feeders are an essential part of your bunny’s hutch, but you don’t have to spend a ton of money on them. You can make one at home with common household items. This not only saves you money, but it can be a great way to use up things you’d end up throwing away, like boxes.
If you’ve searched online already, you know that it’s hard to find ideas for DIY hay feeders. So, we’ve done the work for you and created a list of seven DIY rabbit hay feeders that you can build today.
Ready to get started? Read on for our favorite DIY hay feeders.
1. DIY Wire Hay Racks, From Brick House Acres Rabbitry
Bunny hay feeders can be pricey, especially for the bigger ones. This DIY wire hay rack tutorial from Brick House Acres Rabbitry shows you how to make one at home using just a few materials and tools.
2. DIY Wire Hay Rack, From Coding With Bunnies
This DIY wire hay rack tutorial from Coding With Bunnies shows you how to make one at home using just a few materials and tools. It’s not only easy, but it also saves you from having to buy a ready-made hay rack for your bunny.
3. DIY Plastic Rabbit Hay Rack, From Homestead Lifestyle
This DIY plastic rabbit hay rack tutorial from Homestead Lifestyle shows you how to turn an ordinary plastic container into the perfect hay rack for your bunny. The plastic is easy to clean and durable, and best of all, you may already have an extra container lying around that can be repurposed.
4. DIY Rabbit Hay Bag, From Counting Chick’ns
This clever tutorial from Counting Chick’ns shows you how to take a reusable shopping bag and turn it into a hay bag for your bunny. Not only is this project a great way to make sure your bunny always has plenty of hay, but depending on which bag you choose, it can add a pop of color to your rabbit’s hutch.
5. DIY Easy Wire Hay Rack, From Bull Rock Barn and Home
This tutorial from Bull Rock Barn and Home shows you how to make a cheap and easy hay rack for your bunny at home. You may have to go to the hardware store for the materials, but none of them are expensive.
6. DIY Outdoor Rabbit Hutch Hay Feeder, From Piwakawaka Valley Homestead
This tutorial from Piwakawaka Valley Homestead shows you how to make a rabbit hutch that’s big enough for a large, outdoor rabbit hutch. This is perfect if you have multiple rabbits, as it keeps you from having to refill their hay constantly.
7. DIY Wooden Hay Rack, From Instructables
This tutorial from Instructables shows you how to make a cute and functional wooden hay rack for your bunny. The finished result looks great, even though this hay rack is created from inexpensive materials.
Rabbit hay feeders make it easier to feed your bunny because you don’t have to give hay to them as often. A hay feeder doesn’t have to be expensive, though. You can make one from household items or inexpensive materials from the hardware store. We hope that our list of tutorials has helped you find the perfect DIY hay feeder for your rabbit!
Featured Image: Sangia, Unsplash
- 1 1. DIY Wire Hay Racks, From Brick House Acres Rabbitry
- 2 2. DIY Wire Hay Rack, From Coding With Bunnies
- 3 3. DIY Plastic Rabbit Hay Rack, From Homestead Lifestyle
- 4 4. DIY Rabbit Hay Bag, From Counting Chick’ns
- 5 5. DIY Easy Wire Hay Rack, From Bull Rock Barn and Home
- 6 6. DIY Outdoor Rabbit Hutch Hay Feeder, From Piwakawaka Valley Homestead
- 7 7. DIY Wooden Hay Rack, From Instructables
- 8 Related